Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Server stops responding to inbound connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2002
US
Greetings all wise ones.

In our region we have been having issues with file servers (both Win2000 and Win2003), and I was wondering if anyone else is/has experienced this.

The symptoms:

-The server stops responding to any remote access; shares, files, remote computer management, etc. It still responds to pings, but nothing else.

-Most every time when you get to the server console it will be showing only a gray screen with no logon available.

-If you happen to get logged on the console, you can remotely connect to any outbound shares.

- Nothing in the event logs to give a clue. Only routine events.

I have been perusing the various MS sites, including the premier site which we have access to, but haven't found a solution. If anyone has an idea, I would love your input.

Dave Stewart

If you have access to Premier then you are a premier customer. Why don't you open up a support incident with Microsoft?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back