Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Permissions on Windows 2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyBravo1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2004
US
I have a shared drive that i cannot get permissions on the way i want it. I want a user to be able to create a folder or rename a folder, but not delete the folder. I went into the advanced tab and checked all the attributes off on Allow except delete folders. I am still not able to create/rename a folder it gives me access denied. Any Help appreciated

johnnyBravo1,

Could you please post what the current shared level and NFTS permissions are set as. Also are you having the user log off and then back on again after you make the permission changes?

OK the share level for the group which we'll call TestShare has the following permissions:

Share Level is set to "Full Control"

On the Security Permissions it has Evertything checked for Allowed except "Full Control" then i go into the Advance tab and Uncheck "Delete" Folder then I go back to the Security and I see that "Modify" has been unchecked when I Make that change in the Advance Tab, Yes I log off and log back on as the user. Still I am unable to rename folders, which I want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back