Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

file permissions and groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbabb

MIS
Jul 15, 2011
i seam to be having problems with people not having access to folders on a snap server. Here is the configuration, say i have a folder called FOLDER1 I have created a domain local group called FOLDER1 then assigned the group full control of the folder i have then added users to the domain local group but when people try yo access the folder1 the get access denied error.

Do I need to restart the users workstation for them to have access or should it be instant
any help would be great

Is this folder sitting behind a common share that the users in this domain local group would access?

if so then you need to make sure that the group has Share Permissions as well as NTFS permissions.

How To Share Files and Folders over the Network in a Windows Server 2003 Domain Environment

And when you ammend group membership the changes don't take effect until the user has logged out and back in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back