Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

file paths for multiple pdf to burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbledown

Technical User
May 14, 2009
US
i have a large book (900+ pages as several IDCS4 documents) that needs to be burned as multiple pdfs on cd/dvd (depending on final size).

using the new cross-ref feature, inter- and intra-chapter links links will work fine when exported as a single large pdf. inter-chapter links apparently do not when exported as individual chapters. the more important issue is that we also need to link to external pdfs that are not part of the ID document (book). prepared on a mac, but ultimately viewed on a pc, but i assume that's not a real issue here. the problem is that file paths to link to the files show the full path, not a relative path from the root folder containing the primary file. not knowing whether the cd/dvd will appear on drive C:, D:, E:, F: etc on the pc gives me no options to create a full file path for the files on the cd/dvd. and even when i trim the file paths to attempt to make a relative file path, it still prefixes the file file path into the exported pdf.

does anyone know how to make a relative file path to link to external pdfs when both are stored on a cd/dvd?

thanks,
- jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back