Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

file not showing in nwrecover

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaiHawkins

Technical User
May 24, 2007
US
I backed up a test.pst file using a full backup, when i went to recover the file was showing as i would expect.

I then wanted to test a directive to exclude *.pst files, this appears to have worked, as it is not showing in nwrecover

my question is what if i needed to restore this file, is there a search i could run?

What do you expect? - trying to recover a file which has not backed up ;-)

However, i suspect you want to recover the file from the first backup. To do this, simply change the browse time to a time just after that backup and you will be able to use the file index as it existed at this point-in-time.

Hi,

if you had used null instead of skip you would have seen the file in the recover GUI (From the first backup). That's the difference on null and skip. Null actually doesn't care about the file, while skip really skips the file and therefore the file cannot be seen in the recover GUI. That's for future reference only. Follow 605s suggestion and you will be able to recover the file.

Thanks both for your replies.

NW is so much different from BackupExec, which is what I was using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back