Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File not found - Warning 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC

MIS
Mar 27, 2001
EU
Hi,
I get the error message above on a couple of files during the backup, usually it is files in the C:\Winnt
My questions are:
Obviously files are added and removed from the folder above. How come that ARCserve is reporting this as an warning day after day. If the file is not there it is not there.
Is there a way to solve this issue (other than excluding the file from being backed up)

Thanks,
GSC

Depends

It really would have helped if the complete message was provided. (why is that 9 out of 10 times the complete message is never given, it's like going to a mechanic and saying my car is making a noice what's wrong)

If verify Compare Tape To Disk is being done and it is happening at that time then it is just a case of a file being deleted after it is backed up and before it is compared.

If it is happening during the backup phase, try disabling File Estimate.

Hi,
OK, here is the error code:
"W3401 Unable to find file. (File=C:\Winnt\cleanup.exe EC=File not found)
On this server the Disable File Estimate was selected, so that doesn't help.

Also on another server we have Warning messages from files missing in the users profile folder. The problem is that the user in question leaves work at 5.00 PM the backup doesn't start until 11.00 PM and still I get the error code:
"W3404 Unable to open file. (File=F:\Profiles\CCosta01\Rescent\03 08 Comun NATAL Tol Ponto (2).Ink, EC=File not found)

I really want to understand what gets wrong when ARCserve is doing this "Compare tape do disk", can this be disabled as well?
Files from the profile don't get deleted by them selves and also the user was not working for a couple of hours and still I get this error message.

Thanks,
GSC

Aaaah

That is because you are bieng selective in your backup sources.

Try to make the selection dyncamic and use filters to exclude directories that you don't want to backup!

In order to know what different selection you are using is determind by how much of the green box is filled on the volume of the file you are backing up.

If it is a FULL green then it is dynamic therefore any files missing or deleted ARCserve doesn't care if it is there or not! Dynamic Selection.

Then do filters to exclude the stuff you don't need.

If that shading on the volume source is half filled then the selection is static! This doesn't help as ARCserve keeps a memory print of the tree selection so if a file or folder is deleted ARCserve still tries to back it up and says the File is MISSING!

If I want to exclude a file should I then use the "Condition "Exclude" - Variable "File Patern" Values "cleanup.exe" for example if I want to exclude this file?

Thanks a lot for the great explanation!

GSC

Correct

or you can be really lazy and use wildcards such as

Exclude > file pattern > clean*

Anytime
ARCguru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back