Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File not being released when copying with NFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMER101

Programmer
Feb 17, 2003
GB
I have a HP-UX 11.00 system on which we have mounted a netware volume using NFS, all is working OK from the network side in that we can copy files move them around etc.
However looking at this drive from Unix I can view files OK, but when I create or copy files the system does not appear to let go. If I then try and open one of these created / copied files using a windows package the I can only open them as read only. Eventually after x time I can open them as Read/Write but not sure if this is due to a time delay setting or because the user who created the file has done something.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

[sadeyes]

Does fuser filename show that the file is in use during this time?

If I do a fuser on the file no processes are listed as running on it eg.

fuser F923PBT

replies with

F923PBT:

Have now resolved this issue, appears to be a lag with the network drives, have set up a new NFS on clustered netware server with better disk set up and all is now OK.

[pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back