Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File New Dialog Box - Tab Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vittles

Programmer
Dec 7, 2000
US
We want to use the Workgroup Templates Option in Word to set up a forms directory (so our staff doesn't open/re-save master forms) and our IT dept. may not want to delete the standard tabs/templates.

Is there a way to set the sort order of the tabs on the File New Dialog Box/change the default so that our workgroup template tabs show up first then the standard ones? (So our main ones are not on the 'more' tab)

Thanks for any ideas!

no. but u can have a list view of your templates using vba. search for "sub filenew" on a search tool

- onedtent Onedtent OnedTent OnedTenT

Trying not to answer posts that have been replied to

I have the following code in place:

Sub FileNew()
SendKeys ("%2")
Dialogs(wdDialogFileNew).Show
End Sub

Is this what you are taking about or ?

I use VBA in Access, but don't have as much experience with MSWord.

I am open to any ideas that would make viewing a large number of forms easy for staff (& make it so the master is not opened in the process). We are not guaranteed file/network server name changes, so from what I have learned the workgroup template location option seems to be the easiest...if I can perfect it a bit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back