Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Level Auditing Too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

CecilXavier

Technical User
Oct 2, 2007
US
Good morning all,
I've enabled object level auditing on our 2008 server. My problem is, it is auditing too much. I want to audit 3 or 4 folders, and it is auditing every transaction on every folder. I have gone into the properties of the drive, the share and straight down to each and every other folder (that I don't want to audit) with no success. Nothing but the objects I want to audit have any auditing parameters set, that I can tell. Is there something I'm missing?
I turned on object auditing by going to Start-All Programs-Administrative tools-Local Security Policies. Then going to local policies and tuning on success and failed under object auditing.
I turned on the folders that I wanted by going to the properties of that folder, security tab, advanced, auditing tab, clicking continue, setting up the users that I wanted to audit and what functions I wanted audited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back