Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Icons disappear and vanish from file name in a Folder after a search for a file

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not tested it in a while, so I can't speak from experience. Are you using any other applications on Windows 10? Antivirus or other security software? Any drivers missing? And another thought: when new versions came out, did you upgrade, or did you clean install? Some of these may make no sense for w10, so just ignore if so. [smile]

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

I am just using Windows Defender. The same problem is apparent in Safe Mode too. It is not always possible to clean install Windows 10 as minor builds are only released via Windows Updates. The last clean install would have been build 9926, I am two builds ahead at that at build 10049. I suspect that you are right that a clean install would fix the problem.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my post.

I have now clean installed build 10074 and my problem is still there despite the clean install.

Maybe it's just operator error? [wink]

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back