Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File extension - Case senitive Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

romualdezd

Technical User
Mar 28, 2005
US
Hello:
We are using 9.5 LL Explorer Prof. drag and drop function to add folders containing multiple word docs into lIvelink as new versions (to existing ones). Some of our MS Word docs in livelink have .doc and some .DOC file extension.
Due to disparities in captitalization, LL may add new documents when in reality it needs to be added as a new version.
1. Can someone help me identify where/how/why the MS Word file extension may be inconsistent. Tips, suggestions?
Much Appreciated,
Dwayne

have a look at your mime.types file and look for the line
application/msword and see if you have defined doc and DOC there.This mechanism is second in evaluation.It trusts the browser mime type first.

Also since I do not have explorer right now if you had a document called test.doc and you drag/dropped it into livelink,what is the name of the document is it 'test' with
a specific mime type of application/msword or test.doc with a specific mime type of application/msword.
For a version to be added the document has to be the same name all the way

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back