Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Explorer New File Menu (Windows 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjw001

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
I am running Office 2007 on Windows 8.

I recently installed LibreOffice and uninstalled Apache Open Office, although whether this is the cause I don't know.

The problem is that when I want to create a new file from File Explorer I get the options shown in the image below.

20220129_112559_o7kzv1.jpg

The options to create Word or Excel files have gone (and possibly others that I don't use) and I now have the three Google options (which I don't believe were there before and have never used and don't want) and the two OpenDocument options.

I have tried looking for information on how to reinstate the Word and Excel options but have not found any information that I can understand.

Please could someone either point me to a useful URL or explain it to me.

Thanks.

I have been provided with a solution from a LibreOffice forum.

It appears that there is a limit on the number of entries that can exist on the New File facility.

I amended the LibreOffice registry entries so that they would not appear there and the Excel and Word entries reappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back