Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File DSN problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dg043

Programmer
Apr 22, 2002
GB
Hi,

I don't know whether this is the right forum to post in, but I am having trouble with a file DSN. I have a shared Access database located on a server. It uses a DSN file in the same directory on that server, that points to a SQL Server database. This setup works fine until 2 people try to do a SQL Server database operation at the same time (e.g. executing a SELECT statement through the Access client). When they do, one of the people receives an error message saying 'Could not update. Currently locked'. If you debug the code at this point, it stops when trying to contact the SQL Server database (ie by using the DSN file). One idea I have had is that the File DSN itself needs to have some parameter set that it is missing, so here it is
Code:
[ODBC]
DRIVER=SQL Server
UID=cli_ctms
DATABASE=ctms
SERVER=ngsrvwrk126
Description=CTMS
Any ideas? Can anyone at least point me to a complete list of options for the contents of a file DSN?

Dan Griffiths
Software Analyst
National Grid plc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back