Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Deletion Auditing

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithja

MIS
Sep 12, 2003
US
Good Morning,

Because of occasional 'mysterious' file disappearances (ie someone accidentally deleted them) I have turned on file deletion auditing on a busy folder one a Win2k3 file/print server.

In an effort to make the job of sorting out events a little easier, I wrote a small vbs that would export 560 and 564 events, using PSLOGLIST, for a specified period, filter out those that didn't have DELETE access, and put the results in a CSV for easy viewing.

The problem is that whenever I run it, IT produces a ton of 560 errors from ME by handle ID 276 for registry key "machine\controlSet001\services\eventlog\security\security"

Obviously it is counter productive to produce 8000 events in the event log, to the point of pushing out events you need, in order to read the event log.

Is there any way to change it so exporting the events using
PSLOGLIST doesnt produce all of these new events?

Thanks!!
k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back