Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File date changed to 1/1/1985

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsamples

MIS
Apr 30, 2002
US
I have several servers whose file dates are randomly being changed to 1/1/1985. These servers are version 4.11 and 5.0. At this point there doesn't seem to any correlation at pointing it toward any recent patches or upgrades. I've been through the tids and web searches and still cannot seem to find a cause let alone a cure.

Check for viruses is the first thing I would suggest. Also, check to ensure if there is a workstation out there that is incorrectly configured - maybe check who owns or updated the file last and check their workstation. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I've completed a virus scan (none). The files are all in the system directory and the owner is the server.

I had a friend who had the same problem.
After much trial and tribulation, they believe it was an issue with realtime scanning portion code of Norton Anti Virus. They updated to the latest build 7.61.0.935 on their servers and workstations and the issue was resolved.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately we use Inoculan throughout the company. I will be shutting down the servers (it's happening on 2) to check the CMOS time. One of the servers is old the other relatively new.

I would check the CMOS battery (or time source) on your Time reference server and check what time is synch'd across the network. If a reference or primary is spouting incorrect time, then all the servers will adjust their clocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back