Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Damaged and Cannot...Variation

Status
Not open for further replies.

esandrs

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
US
I have a similar problem to a previous post with damaged PDF files. Here's the details:

-PDF files are from one source via email (containing job opening listings) and are sent to a large group of people. It appears we are the only recepients not able to view the PDF.

-Sender and recepient are using Acrobat 5.0 (5.05 to read).

-If the PDF is sent to a freemail account, it can be opened fine (the same email cc'ed to our office and to freemail has one copy working and the other broken).

-Sender uses Exchange 5.5 for mail - we use Exchange 2000 (do you think I should post to that forum?)

-We use Norton AV 7.6 Corporate, but have the system set to "Do Not Scan" PDF files.

-It seems that "sometimes" the files come through fine.

-If I try to open the PDF's with GSView (which can read PDF) I get the following error message.

**** This file has a corrupted %%EOF marker, or garbage after the %%EOF.
Error: /syntaxerror in readxref
Operand stack:

Execution stack:
%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
--dict:1015/1123(ro)(G)-- --dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:75/200(L)-- --dict:97/127(ro)(G)-- --dict:220/230(ro)(G)-- --dict:14/15(L)--
Current allocation mode is local

I'll provide any additional information to questions you may ask...any guesses?

Thanks in Advance,
Eric Sanders

Whoops - I forgot to mention that I've searched Adobe's site and found nothing applicable. Now you can prove me an incompetent searcher by pointing me to an Adobe link! I won't mind, I'll just love to see the answer.

Eric Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back