Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File and setting transfer from Win2000 to WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dina01

Programmer
Mar 26, 2002
CA
Hello,
I just received a new Table pc, I would liek to transfer all my files and settign from my old notebook which has Win2K to my new one which has WinXP tablet edition.

I know that the is a wizard for WinXP, but how to I take the data from Win2K.

Thanks

See if these help you.

293118 - HOW TO: Use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP

306186 - HOW TO: Use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard By Using the Windows XP CD-ROM

306187 - HOW TO: Use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard with a Wizard Disk in Windows XP

Thank you for your reply but I think this is using WInXP I need to transfer from Win2K to WinXP.

Any other suggestion

You use the XP CD to launch the FAST wizard on the Win2k box. linney's second link above explains how to do this.

The issue might be that you do not have a writable drive on the tablet? The FAST wizard is installed by default on the XP machine under Start, All Programs, Accessories.

The issue is you do not have an XP CD to use? Download the tool to the Win2k box:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back