Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Access Denied - Randon Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtless

Programmer
Apr 16, 2010
CA
Morning;

I have a bunch of old routines developed in 2.6 (in a 16 bit environment) that became quite unstable under Vista and Windows 7 (and even on select boxes under XP). So I upgraded to VFP 9.

The transition went quite well except that in some programs (PRG routines, not compiled) I get a "File Access Denied" error. In most cases it occurs when I attempt to delete and pack an interim work table. I can run exactly the same routine a minute later and it will work.

It occurs on a stand alone box using Vista, as well as on a networked machine under XP (although the routines are only used by me), at work Kaspersky virus control on the Vista box, Viper at work. I verified VFP9 to to be on of Kazpersky's "Trusted Applications"

VFP9 in trusted applications is only haf the solution. Your final EXE is not VFP9. You should avoid scanning DBFs, CDXes and FPTs.

I do think this is a reason. It could be simpler: Shared using of files. If this is a single user app it would be a good idea to SET EXCLUSIVE ON and always use dbfs exclusive.

Bye, Olaf.

You should avoid scanning DBFs, CDXes and FPTs.

Yes, have your antivirus software exclude those files.

If this were 10 years ago, I'd suggest you research topics about buffering and network/computer trusts, but I would hope most of those wrinkles have since been figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back