Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Access Denied - Could it be Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

casajarm

Programmer
Jan 12, 2001
US
Hi,

We just moved 3 duplicate applications (FPD 2.0) from Novell servers to a Windows 2000 server. In two cases they work fine but in one case there are a few screens that will not populate the fields. When you click on them a "File Access Denied" message appears and then the value in the field shows. You can do this to every field and they eventually all appear.

On that users machine, if I log in as myself (into the netwrok not he application), everything works fine.

We checking the users rights and she owns the data folder (which contains their config and foxuser files too) and has full rights to the folder with the executable. The main difference is she logs in under a different context (we still use Novell Login).

Any ideas what could be wrong? How to overcome? I do not believe we can change her context.

Thanks

Greg J.

Thanks Tesar, I read that post but I couldn't see the relevance to my situation. If virus checking was the issue then we would see the problem regardless of who logged into the network. The problem occurs on all machines for a particular user but not for another on the same machine. All users have full rights to the relevant directories, however the one with the errors is logging into a different "domain".

FYI

The fix was found by editing the config.fp file to point to the new directory. The user still had access to the old directory that was in config.fp for the tempwork, etc. settings and there were temp files in there but somehow it just didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back