Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fields missing when converting to 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

storer

Programmer
Mar 27, 2000
US
When I converted a 97 database back and front ends to 2000, there seemed to be no problem, at first. Then I noticed problems with code and the occassional expression in a query where there use to be a field! Then I find the field that was there in 97 is not in the table in 2000! I can still add records, but the missing field is an expression in a query, not in the table...which will make new challenges when I try to create new queries. I think some of the code problems are related to the missing fields. Why did it do this? After converting the be, I replicated it and it is being used at 2 sites. How do I straighten this out and get my fields back? I've thought about adding the field back to the table and use the query to run an update.......but then will all the other forms and queries be messed up? Please Help! I'm very worried that I have a mess on my hands.

I imported the back end into a new database so it wasn't replicated anymore and converted it back to 97...and the missing fields were there! I then converted it back to 2000, fields still there and then replicated it and that seems to be where the fields are disappearing, or rather relocating to a query. It's only a field here and there but it makes me nervous. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back