Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

field

Status
Not open for further replies.

slasticar

Technical User
Nov 1, 2006
BA
How can I remove picture from the stage whene I click on the stop. I know to this with text but with picture i dont know.I do something like this:

on stopMovie()
member(66).text =""
member(67).picture=""
end

Member 66 is field and I want to this with field 67 .
Thank you

This will erase the picture (or whatever the Member holds):

member(67).erase()

But if you just want to remove your picture from the Stage, instead of destroying the Member you can remove it from the Sprite channel:

sprite(1).member = 0

Kenneth Kawamoto

Or you can erase the image of a bitmap cast member by setting it to a blank image:

member(67).image = image(1,1,1)

The above line will set it to a white 1x1 pixel 1-bit image.

- Ben

It will, but he wants to erase the image in the 'stopmovie' handler, so you probably aren't going to see this.

Incidentally I often do this myself in 'stopmovie' if my movie dynamically creates images using copypixels, but I don't want them saved when saving my movie.

Eg, I have a placeholder image for a tile-mapped game. During play, I build a large tile-map image and display it using a cast member, and when I stop the movie in authoring mode, I want my placeholder image to revert back to a tiny blank image so as not to bloat my .dir source file :)

- Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back