Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field options not carried over with .rpt files

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbprog

Programmer
May 12, 2000
US
I modified number fields not to include commas through options and the reports on my development system run fine. When I move my .rpt files over to the users pc (using VB package & deployment) the numeric fields once again contain commas. Contrary to what I have read changes to field options do not seem to be carried in the .rpt file. Is there a file I should include with my application? [sig][/sig]

The intended behavior is that if you set the options for the object using "Format - Field" in the design environment, then you should get that format on any PC.

The only time you are supposed to pick up formatting form the new PC is if you have it set to "Use Windows Default" which will change with each PC.

Of course, what is intended may not reconcile with your experience. [sig]<p>Ken Hamady- href= Reports Training by Ken Hamady</a><br>[/sig]

I am having the same problem. I am not able to run my reports even on the client because of a parameter that is returning an error. Why aren't the file formats included withthe dlls in the setup.exe and what file should I include?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back