Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field not populating in subsection

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkblts

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2001
US
Hello,
I am using Crystal 8.5
I have a report similar to an invoice. I have GH! which is customer specific.
A Detail section which list all invoices that customer has. There is a field for a reason code (this is used for each invoice)
I have a Group Footer Section which totals each invoice called GF2
and a Grand Total for all invoices to customer GF1a

My problem is in this section GF1b. I want to have a description for all the reason codes that may show up on an invoice. Not every invoice has a reason code. I only want information if there is a reason code and only for that reason code. The reason code shows up ok in the detail section, but it will not populate to the GF1b section. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Kim

Thanks s-)
Kim

Try inserting a crosstab into GF1b. Use the code for the row and the description for the summary field. You can use a summary like "maximum" or "NthMostFrequent". Then you can go to the customize style tab within "format crosstab" to suppress the column and row totals, and eliminate the grid, if you wish. In preview mode, you can suppress the column label.

-LB

Worked like a charm. Thank you so much for your fast response....

kim

Thanks s-)
Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back