Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field not displaying all of the string

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbh123456789

Technical User
Mar 3, 2010
CA
CR 11.5

This is really strange.

I have a view that i am working with in CR. This report is very very simple. I essentially started with a new report, and brought in my view.

The issue i am facing is that a certain field (string) is being cut off at the last few characters.

I have already done the obvious and made sure that the actual CR field is long enough display the entire string.

I have also confirmed on the SQL server view that all the information is indeed showing up.

Here is an example of a record that is missing the '- GTA' at the end of the line:

M - AM - 2010-XXXXX - I - GTA, M - PM - 2011-XXXXX - I

Any ideas??? I have never seen this kind of issue before.

Thanks

First, try refreshing the database. Maybe Crystal has an out-of-date definition.

Next, try a Right display on the field. Would it show the GTA?

If not, the data is probably not what you think it is.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

What happens if you format the field to "can grow"? If you right click on and browse the field, what is the identified datatype and length?

-LB

Hey guys - just wanted to update this thread. After posting i decided to create a new blank report (for testing purposes) with the same SQL view; the issue did not present again, and i could see all the data; yet when i went back to the original report with the same View, the problem persisted.

Thanks for everyones help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back