Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field Name Change in a Table now Calculations won't work 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jontility

MIS
May 19, 2004
US
Hi all:
I have this issue, we are going through upgrade and I have a table called PS_STDNT_TEST, this table is used in our catalog but one field on this table changed from DATA_SOURCE to LS_DATA_SOURCE, then Ihave this issue:
CATALOG -> TABLES on the DATABASE windows, I see the table alright but when I select the table to verify it on the catalog windows it wont verify.
Now I went I removed this table from the catalog(after making a copy of the catalog) and added it back again..now it will verify but all the previous calculations that were created using this table disappears..even though that particular field that it's name changed wasn't used in the catalog.
Any ideas why this is happening....do I have to recreate this calculations or is there a way I can do this without having to recreate all the calculations....Thanks..John

John Organ
MIS

All you need to do is re-add the one field into your catalog. Any calculations against that specific field will need to be recreated though.

Under CATALOG -> TABLES, double click on PS_STDNT_TEST on the left side. Select the one field LS_DATA_SOURCE. Click ADD. On the right hand side, double click on PS_STDNT_TEST, you'll notice LS_DATA_SOURCE has been added to the end of the table. Click on DATA_SOURCE and click REMOVE. You should now be able to verify the table successfully. Click OK to close.

Under CATALOG -> FOLDERS, Generate a folder from the database, select just the LS_DATA_SOURCE field. Move it out of the folder that got created and into the location you want it. Click on DATA_SOURCE and delete it out of the folder.

Now all you have to do is re-point any references to DATA_SOURCE to the new field LS_DATA_SOURCE.

I am what I am based on the decisions I have made.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Thanks DoubleD...issue resolved from your suggestion..thanks

John Organ
MIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back