Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field in Report causes Database Connector Error, Error in Assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceddins

Technical User
Jan 25, 2011
US
Good morning,

In my report, I have a table called GSP. Every field in this table works well except for 1 field. It's a long string field of 55 characters. When I put this field in my report, I get the following error:

Database Connector Error: '22018:[IBM][System i Access ODBC Driver]Error in assignment. [Database Vendor Code: 30019 ]'

The strange thing is that this field works if I use it in the record select expert this way: {GSP.REQGS} startswith "RUID*"
But it does not work if I use it this way: not ({GSP.REQGS} startswith "RUID*")

This field also works without problem in other reports.

Can someone please advise me on what is happening and what I may do to fix it?

An asterisk should not be used with "Startswith". Try:

not({GSP.REQGS} startswith "RUID")

Or you could use:

not({GSP.REQGS} like "RUID*")

-LB

lbass,

thank you for your reply.

I tried not({GSP.REQGS} like "RUID*") and I received the error message again.

Strangely, when I used ({GSP.REQGS} like "RUID*") I did not receive the error and the report worked fine.

Unfortunately, I need the report to select records that are NOT like RUID*. Any ideas?

You could just use:

left({GSP.REQGS},4) <> "RUID"

-LB

Thank you again, lbass.

Unfortunately, that did not work either; I received the same error message. Do you know what this error message is I keep receiving, like what it means?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that message. You could try googling the error message. I would also check the field to see what might be unusual about it, by placing it in the detail section without selection criteria.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back