Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field formats not being compiled with .rpt file. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexiecat

Programmer
Nov 8, 2000
CA
KEN if you are out there...

I have used the Distribution Expert in SCR Ver. 7 to distribute a report. I am getting a formula eror on the client machine that does not have SCR installed (client has the setup.exe file). A date parameter is returning the formula error " A month must be between 1 and 12." The report has an OBDC connection to an IBM AS/400 database. The client system has client access installed.

I feel that the problem is a missing ini file on the client system. The ini file contains the field formats for the report, since I think that the thousands separator is causing the parameter to contain a default thousands separator. Perhaps it is missing a dll file that doesn't get bundled during compile time.

Do you have any suggestions? Comments? I would be grateful for any input on this matter.

That would make sense, except that a month value normally wouldn't require a thousands separator - a year value would.
Are you perhaps converting a date string such as "20001231" to number 20,001,231 and then perhaps truncating? Anyway, there are lots of ways you could get to this error message.

Rather than make this dependent on the existence of yet another runtime dll (even if that is a possible solution), I would attack the problem at root - the data conversion issue, and make it independent of the users' preferences for date format/number format in Windows.

Anyway, my 2 bits. Malcolm
wynden@telus.net
November is "be kind to dogs and programmers" month. Or is that "dogs or programmers"?

Thanks malcom. I have changed all of the field formats specifying 0 decimal palces and "" no commas.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back