Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field for our vendor number that a customer uses to reference our company internally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryatkins

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2001
US
Is there a field for our vendor number that a customer uses to reference our company internally?

For example, we sell a product to company ACME. ACME references our company as vendor # 1234 internally. We would like to store that vendor # in our customer file so it can be referenced on shipment labels to ACME.

Is there a field for this or do I use a custom field in cicmpy?

Thanks!

Couldn't you just use a user defined field for this? I did this after we went to an alpha-numeric customer number to a numeric customer number. I just used Note Field 1 in ES and User_Def_Field_2 in Progression.

If there are no user fields available, There is a field APVENDOR on page 2 of the AR customer file. It is a "blue field" which means Macola does not use it in anyway so you can code it as you wish. You would then have to change your form so that this field prints on the label.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back