Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

field explorer has disappeared and the report explorer too

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogopoppy

Instructor
Mar 6, 2005
CA
Hi,

I've tried to see if its on the side and smaller but it isn't. I can't see to get to on the screen.

I'm really stuck. Any help would be great

Thanks

G

Hi:
This could be because of a few things.
If you are using Crystal XI, and using to monitors, Crystal can "lose" your field explorer. To fix try using one monitor, or have crystal run on the primary.

Have you tried the Field Explorer Icon?

Perhaps you have set the field explorer to "auto-Hide". In which case you need to place the cursor over the field explorer tab.

Could be other things as well. If this does not do it for you. Let us know a few more details like... what version of Crystal are you using?

Thanks for the reply,

I'm using one monitor. I checked the display settings to confirm there wasn't an extended monitor. I've tried the field explorer and view menu. The field explorer is not set to auto-hide.

I'm using XI R2.

000h..
Just figured it out. I set the resolution to a massive setting and found it floating on the screen. Strange.
I docked it and now its back!

Thanks for taking the time to help

G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back