Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field encoded in unknown format

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDREWeire

Programmer
Feb 17, 2005
GB
What I Am Using
---------------

SQL2000 SP4
Enterprise Manager
Source Tables From SAGE Line500

My Problem
-----------

I am trying to create a report / view that replicates a specific screen within SAGE Line 500. It is the "user activity" list with details of each user and the process ID on the server.

I have identified the source table and am able to report on it successfully. However the field reported as PROCESS in SAGE appears to be encoded/encrypted on the table. It has been suggested that we are looking at Base64 Encoding but I can't make that work.

Below is a sample of what we have in the SQL table:

terminal: 196
user: aussher
application: bm_assembly_enquiry
activity_device: 0000006772ffffffffffffffffffffff
activity_key: !K

In the SAGE SCREEN we get the identical information with the exception that we also have PROCESS ID = 6848. I have determined that activity_device is not linked to PROCESS ID (since different process ID gives same activity_device code).

I am assuming that the "key" to the situation might be in the activity_key. Does anybody have any suggestions? The activity_key is always in the same type of format (examples below).

PP
Q\
!IH
[<
!>P
_0
!0X
!7P
SX
!-(
PH
!"T