Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field alignment in VB.Net/Crystal Reports 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepruce

Programmer
Dec 18, 2001
GB
How do you use GuideLines in Crystal Reports. I've read the Help for it
(The sizing handles of controls snap to guides when the controls are moved, and guides snap to controls (if there are no controls previously snapped to the guide). When a guide is moved, controls that are snapped to it move as well. Controls snapped to more than one guide are resized when one of the guides is moved.

The tick marks in the rulers that determine the spacing of guides and controls are defined by dialog units (DLUs). A DLU is based on the size of the dialog box font, normally 8-point MS Sans Serif. A horizontal DLU is the average width of the dialog box divided by four. A vertical DLU is the average height of the font divided by eight.
) and it sounds great, but how the h..l do you work it? The rulers do nothing when clicked in (L or R)!
I'm new to VB, VB.net and CR but am a longtime programmer in other disciplines.
I'm using Visual Studio 2003 with the built in version of CR, and to be honest the field alignment in CR is apalling. You cant align the tops/bottoms/left/rights of a set of highlighted fields. It was better than this 10 years ago in lots of languages! UNLESS I'm doing something wrong and havent set some switch or other.
Any help gratefully accepted
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back