Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FIC P4-875P MAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

srasiroslayer

Technical User
Dec 21, 2006
LB
1st of all hello i'm a newbie here and this is my 1st post.
i have a 3.2ghz socket 478 800mhz 1mb prescott, installed on a dead MSI 865pe-neo2 PS, installed are 4 sets of ddr400 kingston KVR400X64C3A/512 512MB (equals 2gig of ram). the reason why the motherboard died is quite simple, it died.
so i found a good deal on an FIC P4-875P MAX motherboard which is brand new and quite cheap.
now the BIOS installed on it does not support my CPU since it's a 1st version bios so i do update it successfully using my other 2.66ghz 533mhz 512kb processor. after that the new bios is installed and running perfectly fine.
i install the 3.2ghz processor and i get nothing.
it still won't work.
i have tested the 3.2 on an intel 865g and it runs perfectly fine on windows plays games etc...
the ram also are fine since they had been detected on that same board with the 2.66 processor.
now i look up the cpu table on the FIC website and they advertize it does run on it.
this leaves me quite helpless here.
usually on boot using the 2.66 processor i do see the port 80 in action runing numbers i do not understand and it ends up giving me a C5 and system boots.
on the 3.2 i only get an FF from the start, and it stays there with the vga not starting and nothing really running but the fans.
i also tested the mobo on a 2.8ghz 800mhz, 512k cache northwood, and upon start, i get numbers running on port 80, but again the vga doesn't start.
any help would be really nice.
another thing, i went to the award website and they say that they will send new BIOS through email if i fill out a form putting the bios string and the date and blablabla.
is this worth a shot?
thanks again for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back