Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fibre Crimp Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

disinfo

Technical User
Apr 8, 2009
Hello All,

I've recently been given some fibre optic tools and am eager to learn how to use them.

I've managed to find some good tutorials on the net for the termination of SC and ST connectors but am still a little confused about crimp sizes.

These are the SC connectors that came with the kit.

As you can see from the PDF, the connectors have a 3.0mm crimp with them.

What size crimp die do I need to buy? I already have a paladin 8000 frame for 8p8c connectors and would just need to buy an additional die.

Thanks in advance

You may want to contact Excel and see if they have a tech sheet on installation for the fiber connectors. I went to the site and all I could find was that these connectors take either a 'hot melt' type treatment or a 'new cold' treatment BUT nothing is said about a crimper.

Good Luck,

Has been in the cabling business for about twenty years and is now the Sr PM for a cabling company located in the Los Angeles area.
Also a General Class Amatuer Radio Operator.

Since my last post to you I found the following site and it does show a termination using crimpers....
You may want to check it out.

Our techs have fiber kits for apoxy and the new threadlock connectors from Leviton but nothing for crimping connectors.

Good Luck,

Has been in the cabling business for about twenty years and is now the Sr PM for a cabling company located in the Los Angeles area.
Also a General Class Amatuer Radio Operator.

Hi There,

I've seen that page before as well, and also a video on youtube of a cold cure termination which also had a crimp part.

I contacted the supplier today as well, but so far no-one has called me back to answer the question.

I also emailed a supplier of crimp tools to see if they could help me determine which size i'd need for Excel's 3.0mm crimp part, he told me to ask the supplier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back