Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fibre Channel and NF5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmoloney

Technical User
Aug 18, 2002
AU
I have fitted 6 new fibre channel Ultrastar disks to a NF5500 and everything seems to work fine. Checking the IBM site for updates I see there are a plethora of files and patches for fibre channel on an NF5500.
I guess I dont understand enough about the technology. Could someone help me with some advice: Do I need to update anything in the server and, in particular, with which patch? (or with all of them - I guess in date sequence?)
Thanks in advance

Generally speaking, you will want to update the server to the current versions of BIOS, ASM firmware, and in the 5500's case, the onboard RAID controller should also be at the latest firmware. In conjunction with these updates, the ASM and RAID device drivers should also be current. Aside from these, the only other critical update "in the server" would be the firmware for the installed Fibre Channel HBAs, and the associated device driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back