Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FH7 Saving to EPS Font Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSBartel

Technical User
Jun 16, 2004
US
Upgraded our computers to XP awhile ago and the Freehand 7.0 files seemed to move over okay, except -

I do a number of geographical maps in Freehand, which I update every three months and save each as a FH7 file. Then I "unlock" all the elements, "group" everything on the page, "copy" the group of objects and "paste" onto a new page that is in the size I need for exporting to a PageMaker 6.5 document that we publish.

On my old computer, the size of a typical map in FH7 was 226KB, but when converted to the EPS file I use for exporting saved as about 1119KB.

On the new XP computers, although the size of the map remains 226KB in FH7 and prints fine in that format, when I save the file in EPS format, I lose all the fonts and the size of the final file is about 732KB. The 732KB file does not print properly.

I can't find my error on this, and really want to retire the old computer, but find myself dragging it out every three months for this one silly map conversion project. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back