Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Few improvement needed ... anybody have any suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolobaboo

MIS
Aug 4, 2008
US
I love this forum, it helps me alot. Came up following question in meeting ?
1). I have 100 clients backing thru different group. Some times few clients are taken down or taken away from group. Is there way to catch if system did not backup last night ?

2).I have networker server 7.6, Which client version ( back compatibility version like 7.2 etc ) supported ?

3). I have 7.2 networker planning to upgrade to 7.6 ..what is best approach ? why should we upgrade ( any benefit ) ?

Hi,
1) You can run a report from Networker Management Console. Additionally, you can create notifications to your email with savegroup completion info.
2) All client versions are supported, but is recommend to has the same of the NW server.
3) First, you'll need to upgrade to 7.4 or 7.5 version before to 7.6. There are a lot of benefits (i.e. new management console and reports), but is not easy to enumerate them here (you can find a lot in Powerlink)
Regards.

Claudio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back