Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fetching records in bulk (ODBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noaaprogrammer

Programmer
May 4, 2001
US
I need some help from someone experienced in bulk row fetching with ODBC. I have a dialog app that queries an Oracle database. I had a CRecordset-derived class that initially fetched single rows.

I soon discovered that I needed to fetch more than one row at a time, so I decided to implement bulk row fetching. I modified my class and member structure as is instructed here : .

My project compiles and builds fine, but when I run it, I get the following error:

"Error retrieving record"

Any ideas of why this could be happening? It worked fine with a single row fetch.

Here's some more information...

After tracing through, the following error is being returned in the trace route: "Error in column 2: Restricted data type attribution violation".

Column 2 is a DATE type in Oracle. I am trying to bind it to a long* type in Visual C++. It's not working. What C++ data type should I be binding it to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back