Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fetch out of sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

phomer2

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
I have been running a report in version 6.0 impromptu and have never had any problems. I have not ammended the report at all and am getting the following error message

Error number -9:

DMS-E-GENERAL, A general exception has occurred during operation 'fetch'.
ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence

Please help.

Hi,

Does the report include Catalog Columns or is it a Stored Procedure Report?

If it's a stored proc, there are few reasons.

U might have attempted to fetch data before opening a Cursor or after closing it....

Commit Inside a cursor (sometimes ..)

Sometimes Oracle throws that even for No_Data_Found.

Prasad.

When I rewrite the exact same report It works fine. the report is very basic it reports on 5 fields within 1 table within 1 catalog there are no table joins or sums or anything. Extremely basic and I know for a fact there is data.

Like I mentioned it works when rewriting from scratch but as we provide our business with many reports I am worried of this message appearing in the future. The way I open this report is to open the catalog which connects to a database, then open the report there is also no prompts.

Regards.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back