Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fehlende Berichte

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebbo1986

Programmer
Feb 12, 2008
DE
Hey together,
I have a the following problem. In my company SAP is working for three months and there are needed some reports that have not be prepared, by the SAP team.
Now I'm searching for a way to get these reports without paying a lot of money for the SAP team to create these reports. Because all the data is available and it should be possible.
I thought about getting the detailed data out in form of spreadsheets and then creating the reports via makros.
Or I thought about a second Access or SQL-Sever database, which contains the newest data of the single accounts and so on. This databases would get their data also via Spreadsheets coming out of SAP and the reports then would be created from this databases.
Is there perhaps a better way to get data from SAP or to create Excel reports out of it?

I would be thankful for every tips or advices. Thanks,
Martin

Your question is rather open ended, but here are some suggestions:

1. If you are a programmer, you should be able to write custom programs in ABAP to get exactly what you want.
2. Use SQ01 to create a SQL query report. This may be shared between users.
3. Use SQVI for a quick SQL query. This usually can't be shared with other users, although there are ways...
4. A 3rd party tool, WinShuttle can extract data from "screens" to produce an Excel spreadsheet.
5. If you have it, use Crystal Reports to create the report.

I'm sure there are many more possibilities.

Deb

First of all thanks for your suggestions.
I'm normally programming in Visual Basic but probably I could learn something about ABAP.
But more interesting I find the things about Query reports. As a matter of fact I haven't got authorisation to create queries. But perhaps I can get it.
What can I do with this queries and how do I use them. Because I can't imagine using SQL in SAP because I don't know the structure of the database. So I don't know how the tables and columns are called and where the data, which I want, is stored.
Is there any documentary about using SQL in SAP?

To find data in SAP isn't always easy.

Do you know how to use the ABAP Dictionary? If not, you should take BC430. Using this you can search for different tables.

If you can see the data in a field on the screen, (but not in a report) try putting your curson on the field, pressing F1 and then clicking the Technical Details button. Sometimes this will give you the table and field name. Other times it will be a structure. If it is a structure, look at the data element or domain. They may help you find the data you are looking for. Remember the "Where Used" button. It is very handy.

If you are not already a member, join the SAP Community Network. I have found many answers there, especially the forum.

Do you have a some particular data in mind?

Deb

Thanks for your answer. I think that can really help me. And I'm already in two SAP forums but not in the SAP Community Network, I think. I will join it.

First of all I have no particular data in mind. There are a lot of reports and therefore a lot of different data needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back