Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPhil

Technical User
Sep 6, 2002
GB
We are considering some solutions for new offices and am wondering if there are any known issues with Panasonics, reliability, ease of programming, features etc.

Any help appreciated

In my exeperiance panasonic has been very reliable. Programing is easy enough features are all there .

you wont go wrong with panasonic.

Were looking at the KXTD 813

The Panasonic 816 is reliable. Our office has been installing them for a few years with no problems. The voicemail integrates well.

Have you had any problems at all?

What exactly are you looking to do?
Ring Groups, voice mail, ...? The nice thing about the Panasonic 816 is that you can hook up regular phones to it without having to buy analog cards. This is great for outdialing modems, most dial up point of sale machines, out going fax machines. For small businesses we hook up the fax line on the system as an extra out line.

I am not a fan of panasonic, mostly the tvm series of voice mail. I have had customers ask to have all of the voice prompts rerecorded because of her harsh voice. In my opinion, the best system for ease of install and customer training is the IVX from ESI out of Texas

I've installed numerous KXTD's and have installed a 1232 in my own office. That was over three years ago and it, along with a TVS100 VM, has been running 24x7 since without a hitch.

I would recommend using the third party windows based configuration programs available for it though.

Go for the KXTD1232 and the TVS110. The kxtd comes default with 8lines and 16 extensions and has room for growth. Make sure the remote programming card is installed for easier tech support.

John@lantexco.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back