Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feedback on new design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

[ul]
[li]The top Google ad is misleading. People would expect to find a menu there. Delimit it to make clear that is not part of the content.[/li]
[li]I find MarkerHeavyRegular hard to read when is bold. Make it normal - it still has the emphasized look but is more readable.[/li]
[li]I would reduce the size of the "Find us on:" icons, and their labels too.[/li]
[li]Maybe the background color of the Extra Sidebar ( #CCEEDD ) and the font color of the link categories in the left menu ( #99BBAA ) could be changed. I would say, those colors are too far from the site's autumn color theme.[/li]
[/ul]
But generally I like it.

Feherke.

I agree 100% with feherke's observations/suggestions, myself, except for perhaps the "find us" portion. As of this moment, I think the sizing of them is just fine, particularly since they're at the bottom of the page anyway.

I think glancing at the "What's Next?" title is a good example of the font making things hard to read.

But overall, I also like the site's theme. It seems to fit the content very well.

I think navigation font on the left is way too big.

I think the navigation is a little uninspired and plain- I think you might have an opportunity to do some themed things there, block color changes, compatible graphics, something more.

I like the color palette.

I like the quote boxes.

I don't like the Google ad bar at the top, either.

Would you ever have a need for a login? If so, where would it go?

IE6, WinXP, 1024x768.

Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back