Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fedora Core 4 on Acer Ferrari 3400

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglurch

Programmer
Aug 25, 2005
US
Im trying to get my wireless card to work with fedora core 4 on my Ferrari 3400. Im stuck as of what to do any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated. Also It detects my video card however not the monitor and due to that i cannot get out of 800x600 resolution? Please help?

Live by the code, Die by the code!!

I was running FC4 for a week or two before I had more hardware issues and got back to rh9 (after winxp renumbered my partition table) I don't recall if you can go under system settings -> display and find a configure button for the monitor on the advanced tab there like rh9 or not.

I had to pick a generic monitor that does 1600x1200 at 70hz to get mine setup right.

Dunno which wireless cards FC4 comes with pre-compiled kernel modules for, but if yours isn't one of them, then you'll need to compile one, install the kernel source for your current kernel version (uname -a will tell you) and somewhere in the pages and pages of windows for make xconfig, you may find your particular wireless card. Helps to know the precise chipset/model etc.

The source for the FC4 default kernel version would be on the distro cd's or you can get a newer one from ftp.kernel.org or a mirror.

I always back up my /boot directory and make sure I have the currently working kernel in a safe section of lilo.conf. If you use grub, then ymmv.

Sounds good except for the generic monitor. Thats what i have it set at but when i up the settings it makes like 4 boxes on the screen and everything flickers, any suggestions?

Live by the code, Die by the code!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back