Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fedora 9 install prob w/ video card? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hey all,

I'm doing a new install of Fedora 9 on an Opteron 3000 with 1 gig of RAM and an nVidia GeForce 8500 GT video card. Installation media is a DVD.

The install works fine up until Anaconda recognizes my video card, then about three seconds after that my screen goes black and I get the "Out of Range" message on my screen. It's not a computer message; it's an OSD message. My guess is that the video card is selecting a default resolution that my ViewSonic VA093b can't handle.

Is there a way to specify a lower screen resolution for installation, or maybe a non-GUI install? I'm booting to the DVD so I don't get any options (that I can tell) to change the default behavior of the installation. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe B

You should be prompted for a text install. I can't remember but it's something like "linux text" or "install text".

Yep, it was there. It's the same wording but at the very end there's a notation for a text install. It's installing at this very moment.

Thanks,

Joe B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back