Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FedEx and Purolator Tracking from Form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begin76

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
Hello,

This is a great site and has allowed me to further my knowledge of access greatly. Thank you to all the people that make it happen:)

My question has to do with tracking shipments from within my database. I am in the experimenting mode so I don't have a full table yet but it works for experiment purposes. What I am trying to acheive is as follows.

I have a form that the shipping department fills out when they ship and item They fill in the tracking number in tracking number field - tracknum. As we do shipping for other companies we use FedEx and Purolator - there is another lookup colloum for the shipcomp.

I have done what was described in the following post and it works fine for both but I need to code an IIF statement that will allow me to look at the lookup collom and go to the right web address. I am having trouble with the IIF statement. I am coding in Form_Current.

I hope this makes sense!

Hi,

I was able to figure it out last night. Thought I would post the code so anyone interested in doing the same could.

This is coded in the Form_Current event of a queried form.

If Me.ShipCompID.Value = 1 Then
checkfedex.HyperlinkAddress = " " & tracknum & ""
End If

If Me.ShipCompID.Value = 2 Then
checkfedex.HyperlinkAddress = " " & tracknum & ""
End If

If Me.ShipCompID.Value = 3 Then
checkfedex.HyperlinkAddress = " & tracknum & "&InquiryNumber2=&InquiryNumber3=&InquiryNumber4=&InquiryNumber5=&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes&track.x=27&track.y=7"
End If

If Me.ShipCompID.Value = 4 Then
checkfedex.HyperlinkAddress = " & tracknum & "&LangID=EN"
End If

We are using 4 carriers. They are FedEx, Purolator, UPS and Day and Ross. ShipCOmpID is a combo box with the shippers name and tracknum is the shipments tracking number. All work really well with exception of UPS. UPS website makes you click a check mark to agree to there terms before goin to the shipment tracking. This code will populate the tracking box on there website though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back