Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feature to Block Outbound Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

napatamm

Programmer
Oct 5, 2008
US
I have a CS1000E with 2 PRIs and 200 DIDs. Currently when someone dials out, the outbound caller ID shows their full DID number. We have one person who would like to selectively block caller ID on outbound calls. Can this be done? If so, how?

Thanks!!!!!

I tried to take it one day at a time, but a whole bunch of them attacked me at once!

Go to load 57 and change the FFC feature code of CPP to something that is usable in your dialing range. We match ours to the commonly used code #57

When you user needs to block outgoing Caller id they will Pick up on a line
Dial #57 (if you used that code)
Dial the call normally 9+ Number

Should work as advertised

BLOCK CLID
CLS CLBA will have the call show as Unknown.

Mato' Was'aka

I've not been in LD 57 before, but I'm giving it a go...
Here's what I got:

OVL000
>ld 57

FFC000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 98791223 USED U P: 5291103 187495 TOT: 104269821
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 337 KBYTES
REQ chg
TYPE ffc
CUST 0
FFCT cpp

SCH387

FFCT cpp *67

SCH387

It doesn't like what I'm trying to do. But *67 is the normal blocking code in this area.

Any suggestions?

I tried to take it one day at a time, but a whole bunch of them attacked me at once!

The prompt FFCT is yes/no I think - that's for confirmation tone. Enter past that and the prompt is CODE, the response is CPP.

FFCT <ENTER>
CODE CPP
CPP *67
<enter thru to end>

~M

Matt H. - Technical Support Engineer

It worked! I just test called my cell phone and it showed as "Incoming" rather than my DID. Thanks!!!!

OVL000
>ld 57

FFC000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 98791223 USED U P: 5291103 187495 TOT: 104269821
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 337 KBYTES
REQ chg
TYPE ffc
CUST 0
FFCT yes
CODE cpp
CPP *67
CPP

if you change cls clba it actually will the caller ID as Private.

How do you print your existing database? LD 22 gave me very little and LD 57 kept SCHing me. Obviously, I am not entering something correctly.

rlc

no matter where you go, there you are.

Start a new thread next time:

what do you want? Config or Datablock or other??
ld 21 CDB
ld 22 CFN

ld 86 & 87 & 90 ESN

Mato' Was'aka

What I was able to do, with the help of the board, was allow selective outbound caller ID blocking. We didn't want to permanently disable outbound CLID, a couple of my end users wanted to block their CLID on some calls.

In this same topic, how does this Controlled Class of Service effect say, and ACD set? Can you use a FFC on any telephone, without regard for the type of set?

rlc

no matter where you go, there you are.

Yes - this is an ISDN PRI feature. The CLS CLBA / CLBD accomplish the same thing as the FFC's for CPP and CPPO.

If a phone is CLS CLBA, and you dial the FFC CPPO first, your CLID *is* sent. Otherwise, being CLS CLBA, it would not be sent.

If a phone is CLS CLBD (default), and you dial the FFC CPP first, your CLID *is not* sent.

It does not matter the phone type (analog vs digital, ACD, etc).

Now, I've never tested on a TIE PRI (MCDN), but it works for other PRI interfaces (NI2, etc).

~Matthew

Matt H. - Technical Support Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back