Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feature for Guests (programming question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotelBoy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2004
US
I have a Meridian 1 Option 11C running the Hospitality Software.

Currently, if you're a guest in a room, and you'd like to set a wake-up call, you can do 1 of 2 things. Call the hotel operator by dialing 0 and requesting a wake-up call OR dial *1, then enter the wake-up time in military hours.

Here is what I'd like to do and if it can be done I need help to program it into the switch since I'm an AVAYA guy slowly morphing into a Nortel guy.

I'd like a guest to be able to dial '1', then hear a recorded announcement "please enter the time you wish to have your wake-up call in military hours"

Can this be done?

Thanks!!

the dial 1 could be a problem, without a pretranslation table, you can build a menu or annnouncenent service that give the recording, then transfers to the wake up feautre. this could be stand alone or part of a guest service menu. dial 1 for room service, 2 for security 3 for wake up etc. i had an app a few years back where that type of menu was all the guest heard, phone did a ring down to a menu, if you know the room number dial it now, or press 1 etc.. the menu included options for local and ld

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I believe there is table..

I know that if you dial '3' it goes to an ACD (2000-2001 is the display) for MMail.

There is an Nortel application card that is designed for this called the Meridian Integrated Voice Services (MIVS) card. This will do exactly what you want but will cost a bit and requires a card slot.

Without the MIVS I don't think you could use Meridian Mail as a front-end because Guest Entry of Wakeup Calls requires use of a Flexible Feature Code (*1 in your case). The Mail won't be able to transfer the call to a feature code.

Steamer

you can use mail it transfer to the feature code if you make it a 4 digit number..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Okay John, I am going to give that a try.
I figured that even if the mail could do the transfer that the system wouldn't recognize the DN to activate the wakeup call.
If this works I owe you.
Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back