Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

feature authorisation on coral and cvd 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameoflife

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2008
GB
does anyone know how to upload the feature auth on the cvd pro...
it asks for a .om8 extension but when they are sent it is a .ex.n

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hi again,

firstly you need the FMProg software. You need to get Tadiran to supply a code to get this to work (if outside the US).

You'll probably have received a file named 123456.ex.zip (where 123456 is the SAU number). Inside this ZIP file is a file called 123456.ex.N. Rename this file to 123456.exe. Double click (run) this executable file and it will auto extract several files which are:

fmsl.s8m (or .4mb, .8mb depending) - the sys software
ola.om8 - the authorization file
readver.txt
verinfo.txt
versnum.txt

Open the ola.om8 file with notepad. This will show you the Authorizations you have.

You need to turn the system off, take the flash card out, plug it in your laptop, then run FMProg. From here you can load the new ola.om8 file but trying to explain it is not the easiest thing to do like this. It's easiest to have someone talk you through it and have it in front of you. I think you're in the UK so give Tadiran a call and they'll help. You don't need to extract these files, FMProg can use the exe but it shows you the components.

Once CVD is authorized I believe you can do online Authorization upgrades without having to down the system. I've never done it because once you get the hang of FMProg it only takes a few minutes.

Hope this helps.

ps the reason for naming the files like 123456.ex.zip and 123456.ex.N is to bypass anti-virus software that block executable files in emails. Even zipped files get scanned for their contents and if an exe file is inside a zip file most anti-virus software will see this and could block it. Some good anti-virus software could even block .ex.zip/.ex.N files as they may examine the actual file structure rather than just the file name and block it so it's no guarantee but at least it gets round most things.

i have now used cvd pro
it appears much easier and quicker than i was told
also adding feature auth is extremely quick

Don't forget to become proficient with command line, don't rely on CVD. Tech support only deal with command line and not every site will have CVD. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back