Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fdn not working on MCR DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
CS1000e 5.5

Customer has number ringing to several IP extensions, MCR DN key 0 on set with FDN to a different extension. FDN worked until customer wanted DN ringing at three more extensions, and I set the MCR DN as key 0 on a different extension with FDN to local extension. ASt this point, customer says forward no answer is no longer working

Does Forwarding need to be from MARP extension?

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Call Pilot
Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint, MiCollab, MBG

Hello Jim

Yes!. The forwarding does need to have the MARP present. The best way is to do an easy change on the TN and add back in the SCR / MCR details again. When you see the MARP prompt to then key in YES.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Yeah, I figured. This is my last Meridian, and I installed it in 2008 and I rarely work on it, to the point that when I do, I feel like a new hire, almost

thanks, Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Call Pilot
Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint, MiCollab, MBG

Hello Jim. All I do these days with mainly work with Avaya IP Office. I feel like I'm the newbee but I too rarely touch anything Nortel based, but I'm always still asked questions and it's usually because they don't remember it either and I have to scratch my head more and more these days.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back