Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FC5500 NAVISPHERE NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

clauder

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2003
US
I have an FC5500 attached to NT 4 over a QLA2200
the adapter sees the SP as a device on loop4
Navisphere does not see the SP when scanning the buses
and or autodetect
I verified that the SP boots up correctly is there anything that may be missing?
Thanks

I assume that Nav agent starts ok and that you have configured the proper priviledged user? Termination, cables are ok? The qlogic EMC drivers are loaded? If you're going thru a switch, is it configured properly.. Have you tried a direct connect to the sp (bypassing the switch)?

I dont know about termination( special cable from DAE back to DPE?)
but i can talk to a DAE over the same fiber if I configure the enclosure manually in Navisphere ( ie i an see the drive
format it etc ). When I connect the same fibre to the DPE
on A or B the card sees the DPE on the loop but Nt sees nothing at all.
Should I try the serial connection?
if so with CLI or Navi?
Thanks

I assume the DAE you're connecting to is an iDAE with an SP installed. If you're able to connect to that unit, the 5500 should also be accessible ( again that assumes that the agent config file has the path). You might want to look at the agent.config file to confirm that. I assume the array is not faulted (no amber lights anywhere). Try accessing the array via the serial port. You'll need to set up com1 (or the com port you're using) in the agent configurator. Use a null modem cable. It may take as much as ten minutes for the array to start talking over that port. Start agent first and wait for the pop up that says it's started. Then start Navisphere.

I have configured the serial port and can now issue
a getagent command and get a response back
however most if not all other commands issued from the CLI
program ( not navisphere) return with "unable to locate
managed subsystem with given device name"
what command should I issue first to creat e the first lun

Information on Navicli commands can be found in the mancli.txt file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back