Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FC5300 problem with configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

wojtass

Technical User
Nov 14, 2006
PL
Hello everybody
I'm trying to configure clarion (dae-r with two contrllers,K1 - FC5300, Flare 5.24.08) by naviagentcli-6.22.0.4.67. Every time i configure lun, raid group etc. i get "Database update failed" and no success.
The question is: is this version right to operate with FC5300?
I have no errors in system log, array seems to be ok ( all leds green). Can read configuration, get status etc. My SPSs are connected and working.

Another thing....
Can anybody tell me the truth about connecting to FC5300 by serial console? I've read all posts about this feature,and still no luck with serial console connection.

Please, help me!
Regards
Wojtek

I suspect you have luns and raid groups configured in the data base. They have to be deleted before you can create new configs.

And serial port works fine if you have a properly configured cable and hyperterm set correctly.

Can you tell more about configuration with database?

My serial cable was made according to Your instructions i've found on this forum. I was typing break sequence {}{} and @$@$, but nothing happend. I was using kermit on linux and think kermit settings was correct.

One stuppid question at the end....
I need to plug my serial cable into rj12 on controller or on SPS?
I don't have any experience with clariion/emc so please give me a help.

There is a monitor icon on the sps that the rj12 plugs into.
Pinout is:
db9 rj12
-------------
5 3
3 4
2 5
-------------

The cable you connect to this adapter should be a null modem cable.

I have never used that high rev to play with a 5300. It may work fine or there may be incompatibilities. You could try unbind to clear out any bound disks. Use the help command to get details on the commands. If you get into fcli via the serial port, use some of the information posted in other forums to delete raid groups and unbind units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back